Collaboration strategies and models for corporates
Corporates are increasingly examining on how to form part of open innovation ecosystems with other corporates, start-ups, scale-ups and research institutes. In this webinar and workshop you will learn more about specific collaboration models. Key note speakers are David Dessers, author of the book “Innovate, Collaborate, Grow! – Strategies and best practices for Corporate Partnering", and Sven De Cleyn, Managing Director of the imec.istart evergreen fund
Corporates are increasingly examining on how to form part of open innovation ecosystems with other corporates, start-ups, scale-ups and research institutes. In addition, corporates also try to establish comprehensive partnering strategies whereby they build an ecosystem of partners around the corporate, encompassing joint-go-to-market strategies, funded development and joint development initiatives, as well corporate venture capital, joint venture and M&A transactions
This event is a webinar and a workshop in one. The webinar consist of two presentation with Q&A:
- David Dessers will elaborate on best practices on how to successfully mitigate the risks and amplify success in ecosystem design and development, as well as partnering models centered around one corporate, with specific and concrete guidance.
- Sven De Cleyn, (Program Director IMEC iStart and Managing Director of the imec.istart evergreen fund) will elaborate on the imec.istart strategy and the use of industry specific verticals which permit corporate within such verticals to establish a wide variety of strategic and commercial relationships with imec.istart participating companies. In addition, Sven will elaborate on imec.istart’s offering for corporates to establish a partnering strategy and source collaboration candidates.
The second part of this event you can join one of three parallel interactive workshops facilitated by David and his colleagues, together with imec.istart specialists, to learn more about a specific collaboration model. You can selected one of the following topics
- Equity-based corporate partnering – corporate venture capital
- Non-equity based corporate partnering – corporate start-up joint development and commercialization collaborations
- Multi corporate partnering models (Multi-party ecosystem design and development)
About the speakers
David Dessers, founding partner of Cresco; has written a book which serves as a manual to both corporates and start-ups on how to best structure their collaboration with other corporates, start-ups, scale-ups and research institutes, dealing with strategic, business, operational and cultural success and risk factors.
Sven De Cleyn, PhD, is the imec.istart Program Director and Managing Director of the imec.istart evergreen fund. Since 2015, the imec.istart program was benchmarked as a Top Research institution Business Accelerator by UBI Global, even becoming the no. 1 in Europe since 2018.
The purpose of imec.istart is to create, optimize, stimulate and expand an ecosystem of tech companies. imec uses the program to support the economy in general by creating synergies amongst tech companies and between such companies and imec. It also allows imec to expand its research and development efforts on learnings gained through the acceleration program, and to provide easier access to its inventions and technology to the participating companies